Thursday, October 6, 2011

DIY: Family Tree

We have lived in our house for almost two years now... which is hard to believe! The whole time we've lived here, we haven't had anything on the wall above our fireplace in our living room. It's a pretty awkward space because it's indented in an arch shape.... so we never knew what to put there. Do we put a square framed piece of art? Do we put a circle mirror? The arch shape just totally threw me off and I wasn't sure what would look good.

One day I was shopping around and saw this picture frame kit that made a family tree when all the pictures and shapes were hung together. Right away I thought it would be a great fit above the fireplace and sure enough, I think it looks great!

We had to hang a template first so that you knew where to put all the nails 



TA DA! 



4 comments:

  1. FANTASTIC!!! that is amazing!! Nana

    ReplyDelete
  2. that looks awesome!!! Where did you find that? Great idea. Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jessica, I got it at Bed Bath & Beyond. Other stores might carry the kits as well, they're called "Wall Verbs" and they come in a bunch of different designs and words :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks amazing! Love it. I'm trying to get our wall in the living room organized. I have filled picture frames everywhere except on the walls :o)

    ReplyDelete