Saturday, February 19, 2011

Wandering Through the Zoo

Here are a few pictures from our latest zoo wandering....we're looking forward to some warmer temperatures, it's still a bit chilly.

We may have the chase them off the porch with a broom, but I still think raccoons are cute

The porcupines poofed their quills out for us

We've spent a lot of time watching the giraffes; they're one of my favorite animals at the zoo. We like to watch them because:
1. You don't have to walk 50 miles to get the the giraffe habitat.
2. There is a nice, high look-out so it's easy to see them.
3. Giraffes have awesome tongues.
4. Edison has a few giraffe toys that he really likes and maybe one day (just like my sister's husband Ryan), Edison will also strive to be a giraffe when he grows up.



 Check this crazy tongue out! You can click on the pictures to make them bigger if you want a close-up!



 A few of the cats where out enjoying the sun. This is a lynx (left) and a lion (right).



Here are a few more. This was the first time we'd seen the rhino; we'd never wandered over to him before. We was staying inside where it's warm.











Edison and I on the train

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun day, nice that the sun was out for you to enjoy. Did you clear up the thingy with picture space, 'cause you've got some great pictures up here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to pay 5 bucks to get 20 gigs of space. You only get 1 gig for free. I guess that's how Blogger makes their money. I think I ran out of space so fast because I put up a lot of photos. Oh well, 5 bucks won't kill me.

    ReplyDelete