Sunday, January 11, 2015

Resurrection of the Skateboarding Widow

Hellooooo!!!

Its been a year and a half since my last blog post. For a long time I didn't miss doing it.... life was too busy and writing a blog just became too stressful. Two small kids is incredibly exhausting... add a full time job to the mix and I barely have time to sleep, never-mind sit down at my computer and write a coherent sentence.

However, lately (although still busy) life has settled into a routine and I've felt the need to return to the blog and start writing and posting pictures of what we've been up to. Not only is it a great way to keep out-of-town family and friends in the loop, it is also a great way for me to look back on what our past years have been like. I blogged a lot in the first couple years of Edison's life and this blog basically became a journal of Edison's first years. Whenever I can't remember how old he was when he did something for the first time, I usually come back here to find out. I'm a little bit sad that I wasn't able to keep it going during many months of Davis' life, but alas, there is no changing that now.

So here is the update on where our life is at:

  • Edison is four and a half years old! He starts kindergarden next year and so in preparation for that, we put him in preschool for the first time this year. He goes three times a week for a few hours and LOVES it! He handled the transition into preschool very well; he loves his teachers, and he always looks forward to going. He is still very active, always going non-stop and loves playing with his little brother (when they're not arguing over toys). 
  • Davis is 21 months old... only a few more months and we'll be celebrating his 2nd birthday already! He loves to play, loves all things airplanes and trains, loves to eat, loves to snuggle, and also loves playing with his big brother (when they're not arguing over toys). He is also very smart... for a kid thats not even two yet he has quite the vocabulary, he can tell you exactly what he wants, and will try to copy any word you ask him to say. 

  • Jonathan is still doing all the things that Jonathan does. He is still teaching students - partly from home and partly from the school that he works at. We are now entering into the crazy ballet season and so Jonathan will start to play piano in preparation for ballet exams every weekend from now until March. I'm still a skateboarding widow... if the weather will allow, he will skateboard. He is also still very much into flying RC planes and his quadcopter, which keeps him busy and the kids love to go and watch. 

  • For me, my life consists mainly of work and kids. I get to work bright and early (usually before 7am), work work work, then home by 3 when Jonathan and I do the kid swap and he heads off to work and the kids and I hang out for the evening. My job has changed this year and so not only do I teach my usual subjects of Jr. Band, Sr. Band, Choir, and Music Explorations, I also have a core class added on three days a week in which I teach Math, Language Arts, and PE. This is the first time in my 10 year teaching career that I'm teaching something other than music and its been a learning experience, to say the least! When I'm not playing with the kids, teaching, marking, thinking about teaching... I also love to knit! It is my favourite past time... I even started up a lunch time knitting club at school this year!

So, that is the basic rundown... us in a nutshell. My plan going forward is to reinstate Wordless Wednesdays because that is an easy blog post that doesn't involve much effort on my part. I am also going to add a Throwback Thursday because we have had so many great experiences and have so many great pictures from the past couple of years. As time allows, I will also write some regular blog posts on what we're up to, but I'm not going to let myself stress out about it.... you only do what you can do! So check back once and a while to see what we're up to and hopefully it won't be another year and a half before I write again ;) 



No comments:

Post a Comment