Monday, February 14, 2011

Monday's Musings - An Ode to my Valentine

For my musings today, I thought that it wouldn't be right if I didn't mention the fact that it's Valentine's Day! Jonathan and I have never been big on Valentines day. We don't really do gifts....although I do LOVE flowers (on any day of the week). But I would like to acknowledge this wonderful man that I've been married to for the past seven and a half years! So I've decided to up the cheese factor on the blog today and write Jonathan an acrostic poem. What is an acrostic poem you ask? It's a type of poem I'm sure you are familiar with because it's pretty much the easiest type to write.......and I'm no poet, so I need easy! Acrostic poems are simple poems in which each the first letter of each line forms a word or phrase (vertically). An acrostic poem can describe the subject or even tell a brief story about it. So I though I would tell you a brief story about Jonathan, using adjectives (and their dictionary definitions) to describe him. Enjoy!

J is for Jonathan. Now, I know the word Jonathan is not an adjective. However, I found the word Jonathan on urbandictionary.com and thought the definition was fitting. 

Jonathan: Loyal, Generous, Handsome individual (s), who is/are without a doubt the very best person to love. Jonathan(s) is/are Intelligent, Subtle, Strong, Rock-like Men. They are the best Friends.
No matter what happens to me, good or bad, I can be happy because I have a Jonathan.


O is for Obsessive Computer Disorder. This is another one I found on urbandictionary.com, where many funny words and definitions can be found. 

Obsessive Computer Disorder: to constantly be online or just on a personal computer for fun or entertainment. Also always thinking about anything computer related.
My husband has Obsessive Computer Disorder, a.k.a OCD, is always on the computer.


N is for Nimble. Whether he's flying through the air on a skateboard, doing a hand-stand in our living room, or doing flips off a diving board, I think this is a good word to describe him.

Nimble: quick and light in movement; moving with ease; agile; active; rapid. 
Jack be nimble, Jack be quick...




A is for Abnormal. Because we all know Jonathan is a little bit different...but in a good way. 

Abnormal: not normal, average, typical, or usual; deviating from a standard.
Seeing a T Rex with a rope around its neck pulling some helpless guy along is abnormal.

  

  

T is for Talent; which Jonathan has in spades. To live with an amazing musician, who can serenade Edison and I (on a variety of different instruments), is a treat!

Talent: a special natural ability or aptitude. 
He really shows off his talent when he plays the piano.





H is for Humorous. Jonathan is good at keeping things light and funny, which makes life fun. Sometimes, however, he will joke to a stranger and they don't always get it. I'm reminded of a time when he ordered his Starbucks drink "extra hot" and then when the barista handed it to him, he instantly complained that it was too hot. She looked like she wanted to whap him, until she realized he was joking.

Humorous: displaying or creating humor; funny; comical; the quality that makes something laughable or amusing. 
His stories are always quite humorous. 


A is for Adventurous. If you follow Jonathan's facebook statuses, you know he's usually up to something adventurous; whether it's surfing in arctic temperatures, attempting crazy tricks while skateboarding, pulling doughnuts in the snow, tying a rope to a bridge and surfing in the river, or paddling a surfboard down Kanaka creek....to name a few of the crazy things he does.

Adventurous: inclined or willing to engage in adventures;  enjoying adventures; full of risk; requiring courage.
It was an adventurous undertaking.  


Finally, N is for Nocturnal. If left to his own devices, Jonathan would stay up all night and sleep in all day. Unfortunately for him, this schedule doesn't always mesh well with the schedule of a baby. 

Nocturnal: of or pertaining to the night; done, occurring, or coming at night; active at night; opening by night and closing by day, as certain flowers.

Animals that are nocturnal usually sleep during the day. 


Love you, Jonathan! Happy Valentines Day everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment