Friday, September 30, 2011

Up, Up and Away!

Last Saturday Jonathan did a trial flying lesson at Canadian Flight Centre in Delta. It has been a dream of Jonathan's for quite some time now, to one day get his pilot's licence... so this was an exciting chance for him to fly a plane and get a feel for what flying school would be like. A big thank you to my Dad who bought Jonathan this flight lesson through the awesomeness that is Groupon.

Edison and I tagged along to watch and Edison had a fun time walking around, watching all the airplanes. Every time Edison sees a plane flying in the air, he always points at it excitedly. He also loves going with Jonathan to watch him fly his remote control planes. So I knew Edison would love going to the flying school to watch everything. Lately, he points at everything that strikes his fancy... it's such an awesome way to know what things he finds interesting in his little world.

Jonathan and his instructor, checking out their airplane 










The next few photos consist of Edison pointing at every single plane he sees 





My little Airborne Junior Navigator, bringing me some grass 


Jonathan's plane, going to the take-off area 


Waiting for Jonathan's plane to take off... 


Off he goes! 


Edison and I found a frog in the grass while we were waiting


This was a really fun experience and it definitely made us excited for the future possibility of Jonathan getting is pilot's licence!


2 comments:

  1. How exciting for Jonathan!
    I love how you have all the wonderful plane shots and then the picture of the frog, totally non sequitur :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I know... it is a little bit random. But I liked the picture, so I decided to throw it in there anyway :)

    ReplyDelete