Thursday, March 15, 2012

We're Still Here...

No... the Reichert's didn't drop off the face of the Earth. We're still here... taking it day by day after having had a pretty rough couple of weeks.

We were hit with the stomach flu a couple of weeks ago. Anybody who knows me well knows that throwing up is my least favourite thing in the world. I will do pretty much anything to convince myself that I don't have to do it.

Well, when Edison woke up late one Wednesday night covered from head to toe in puke, I knew we were going to be in for my worst nightmare. Two nights later, the inevitable happened... I ended up with it. And the next night... Jonathan was the next to go. Jonathan and I were able to get over it fairly quickly... poor little Edison though wasn't really able to hold anything down for about 5 days.

After the flu made it's way through the Reichert household I returned to work... straight onto the protest lines. It was a cold few days. I had to do the morning shift on each of the 3 days of job action so that Jonathan could still get to work on time. Standing in the freezing cold for 4 hours was not really my most favourite way to start the day. I discovered the magic of those little hand warmers that you put into your gloves... they stay hot for 7 hours... and made it a little easier to get through my shifts.

I only had to return to the classroom for 2 days before Spring Break hit! With Edison still not feeling 100%, I was glad to be able to spend the time at home with him. Having the flu sure wreaked havoc on Edison's sleeping schedule. Our boy who usually sleeps through the night and well into the morning is now waking up most nights screaming and getting up at the crack of dawn in the morning. We're still hoping things go back to normal in the sleeping department... Jonathan and I both like sleep... a lot.

So Spring Break began and I thought to myself "Yes! Now I can catch up with my poor neglected blog!!" and that really was my intention. However I was reading a really good book and found myself totally sucked into it in the past few days. The little free time I have (at night and while Edison is napping), when I usually update the blog, I was instead reading the book. Well, last night something tragic happened: I got to the end of my 500 page book, only to find out on the last page that it was only half the story and the sequel won't be out until August! What a rip off! I'm left hanging for the next 6 months.

So here I am... done the book, no one is sick,  and I'm finally catching up on the blog that everyone has been nagging me to catch up on.

I don't have that many pictures to share yet as we were sick for a while and haven't really done a whole lot this Spring Break. Jonathan is still working this week, but has next week off so we're looking forward to doing some fun things then. I will definitely work to keep the blog as caught up as possible!

I do have a few pictures to share... as you know, Edison is obsessed with airplanes. Having watched his Daddy fly remote control airplanes since the time of his birth, he is totally fascinated with any form of airplane. He loves watching real ones in the sky, loves going to the field to watch Jonathan fly them, and he also loves airplane toys and books. He is hardly ever without an airplane in his hand... including the car and grocery store.

The little man with an assortment of his airplane toys 


His face may look unhappy... but thats the face he makes when he's making airplane sounds 




Lately, Jonathan has been letting Edison play with one of his remote control planes that he no longer uses. Edison loves flying it around the house... and only bashes into the walls some of the time...




My handsome man is getting so big!!


Well, that's it for now. Stay tuned for more posts about our Spring Break adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment