Friday, December 23, 2011

Adventures With Grandma Part 1 - The Aquarium

After waking up at Grandma's house on Wednesday morning, we relaxed around the house for the first part of the day... Edison played, the dogs played, I watched the Survivor finale. Around noon we decided to get on with our day and venture out to downtown Vancouver for a couple fun things that we had planned.

Our first stop was the Aquarium of course! My mom hadn't been there for a few years, so Edison was excited to show her all of the fishies. We watched the Belugas, we saw the dolphins, Edison had a bit of a tantrum/overtired emotional breakdown because I made him leave the play area, we saw more fishies. It was a good time had by all (minus about 20 minutes somewhere in the middle).

The Aquarium has an exhibit on called "Luminescence - A Celebration of Aquatic Light" so there were some areas with glowing fish and plants that were pretty neat to look at. They also have a Christmas tree powered by electric eels!






Where'd he go? 












1 comment:

  1. Awesome pictures! The ones of the jelly fish almost don't look real! No pic of the Christmas tree lit by the electric eels? Ahmed and I were just talking about electric eels when we were reviewing his science for his exam this week. I love you blog. I show it to all my friends! Ahmed's mom loves it too!! Love Nana

    ReplyDelete