Monday, December 19, 2011

Videos of Mr. Smarty Pants

Jonathan was playing piano at a music recital tonight while Edison (who's fighting a cold at the moment) and I, were having a quiet night at home. We were goofing around with the video camera... he likes to watch back the videos of himself... and I got a few cute videos of him that I thought I'd share.

Edison is really smart. It amazes me how much he picks up and how much he understands. He imitates so many things that we do and even though he doesn't have a lot of real words yet, he totally knows what we're saying.

He knows most of his major body parts and will point them out for you. Eyes, nose, feet. My favourites are when you ask him where his tongue is and he sticks it out as far as he can.... and when you ask him about his belly button he'll search down his stomach until he finds it and then push his finger right into it.

He has a few words and also a few animal sounds that he does. Much to my frustration, he won't say "Mama". I'll say "Edison, can you say Mama?" and he will shake his head NO. It kills me that Dada, fish, up, and barking like a dog all seem to rate higher than Mama. 

One of the videos below is of Edison doing some of his animal sounds. He's been barking like a dog for quite a while now... probably because Albert's always barking up a storm in the back yard. When Edison sees Albert, he says "woof woof woof". In the last week or so, he's started doing a few other animal sounds. They may not be 100% perfect yet, but they're pretty good for a little guy.

Enjoy the videos!









No comments:

Post a Comment