Sunday, December 26, 2010

All I Want For Christmas Is......Wrapping Paper!

Christmas Day in our house was a very relaxing, quiet day. The three of us have been battling a cold for the last few days and my Dad, who was supposed to come over and hang with us, is just getting over the flu! Needless to say, we decided to stay away from each other for the day (which was a bummer) and instead we will be getting together on Monday for a belated Christmas get-together.

Edison had a really bad sleep (or lack thereof) on the evening of Christmas Eve and was a very tired, sick little boy for the Big Day. He decided he wanted to wake up at 5am (which is extremely unusual for him). So I was up with him from 5-7:30 in the morning. While he jumped away in his Jolly Jumper I decided that if I was forced to be awake I might as well do something productive. Can't say as I've ever folded laundry at 6am before, but I have now.

After I got him back to sleep, I went back to bed for some much needed zzzz's. The next time he woke up, it was Jonathan's turn to entertain while I continued to sleep some more. After I got up, I went downstairs, ready to get the gift opening show on the road. Edison however, was a total grump. So back to bed he went......for 4 hours! All this to say we didn't end up opening gifts until 4:30 in the afternoon!

Jonathan and I wanted to keep things pretty small for Christmas this year. We got Edison a couple of presents and I wrapped them, not because he has any idea  whats going on but because I knew he would like the wrapping paper. His fascination with anything that crinkles combined with his new grabbing skills was bound to make for some fun times opening gifts.

Sure enough, he was much more entertained by the wrapping paper than he was with the actual gifts. He would get paper in both of his hands and flail his little arms around. He also liked to eat the paper....until it got soggy and had to be taken away.

Here we are, ready to dig into the gifts

He quickly discovered the fun that is wrapping paper




Mmmmm...yummy

Mmmmm.....also yummy

He crunched up a storm before we had to take it away due to the sogginess factor

Forced to play with the actual toy instead

1 comment:

  1. so sweet! i especially love the christmasy candy cane sleepers! they are just like ones that pernell wore at his first Christmas (that was of course, a LONG time ago!!)... you guys are looking very good for being sick! where did you find that ''first birthday ticker'' at the bottom of the page?!! that is soooo cute!! thanks for blogging... i love it!

    ReplyDelete