Monday, December 6, 2010

My First Parade


On Saturday evening we decided to get into the Christmas spirit and go check out the Maple Ridge Santa Clause Parade. As far as I know, I've never been to a parade before, or if I have I was too young to remember. As enjoyable as it was to hang out with friends and family, I have to say the parade itself didn't blow me away. I guess you can't expect too much from a small town like Maple Ridge. The parade (or poo-rade as Jonathan likes to call it) was long, quite slow moving and a little lacking in content. To top it all off, it was freezing cold outside. We didn't even last until the end of the parade. After about an hour we opted to go home and drink hot chocolate in the warmth of our house instead.

However, it was still a fun evening and a reminder that Christmas is just around the corner. Hopefully my next parade is a little more exciting.....and a little less freezing.

Edison was nice and bundled




The parade wasn't exciting enough for Edison, he quickly fell asleep




No comments:

Post a Comment