Saturday, August 13, 2011

Pickle-Mania

On Thursday, my mom came by and we had our first Mother/Daughter canning event! We canned pickles, pickles, and more pickles.

This was the first time I'd ever canned anything and I really enjoyed it. After our first batch, we had a pretty good rhythm worked out between the two of us and it was smooth sailing... minus a couple little burns from taking the jars out of the oven.

Edison thought the box of cucumbers was his new toy and promptly started walking all over the house with a mini cucumber in each hand.

Hmmm, what's this?



My lovely Mama

 The cucumbers got a nice little ice bath to start








We gave Edison a popsicle to keep him occupied 







Too bad we have to wait a month to eat them!! They look so scrumptious! I'm definitely looking forward to Mother/Daughter Canning - Part 2 next summer.

1 comment:

  1. Looks simply dillish :o)
    I'd be happy to come sample some if you need help eating them all.

    ReplyDelete