Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Cacti Galore!

Jonathan, Edison and I recently had a nice visit with Jonathan's dad, Tom, at his house in Surrey. While we were there I took a few pictures of Tom's many cacti. I'm not exactly sure how many he has... but it's a lot! Some of them are really interesting to look at; my favourites were the ones with the beautiful flowers on them.







A few months ago, he had a cactus that took a fall on the balcony and broke into many pieces. He gave me a few of the pieces to take home and plant myself. Apparently you take one of the broken paddles, stick it in some dirt, and it will lay down some roots and continue to grow. It's a prickly little thing and needed to be handled with tongs. Some of the prickles are so little, they are hard to find if they stick into you. Needless to say, this is one plant that will be kept far away from the little hands of Mr. Edison.


No comments:

Post a Comment