Tuesday, July 12, 2011

A Gardener in the Making

My Dad and Renata came for a visit this past Sunday. We spent most the the day hanging out outside, giving my yard and garden some much needed TLC. The grass was long and the side planter in my yard was filled with weeds. Last time Ren was here we planted a bunch of seeds and I've been afraid to weed it and pull something out that was in fact, not a weed. If you don't know of my weed vs. good plant issues, click here to read an older post.

Edison had a great time watching all of us working around the yard. While the mowing was taking place, he played in the safety of our deck. Then, while Ren and I weeded the side area, Edison helped by raking the dirt for us. He also wanted to help plant some seeds... he was so very helpful and cute.

Watching his Grandpa mow the lawn 


Walking all by himself! 


Honking the horn while riding his dump truck 




Raking the dirt 



A soon-to-be scrumptious strawberry 


Heliotrope... pretty much the best smelling plant ever! 


A little lettuce! 


Trying to plant seeds


Examining his (empty) packet of seeds 


Showing them to me


It was a fun day. Thanks Dad and Ren for all your help! The yard looks lovely. Everybody will be back next Sunday for Edison's 1st birthday party! Only a few more days and my baby is going to be ONE! How crazy is that?!?


No comments:

Post a Comment