Sunday, July 17, 2011

Looking Back on a Most Amazing Year!

One year ago today, after 2 long days of labour, our baby boy was born at 10:19pm. Weighing in at 7lbs, 14oz, he was absolutely perfect.

I remember having the expectation that babies fresh out of the womb don't look very good, but when they laid him on me right after he was born I remember saying "Oh, he's actually cute!". There are really no words to describe the feeling of seeing your baby for the first time, after all those long, hard hours of labouring, it is so worth it!

First family photo, just minutes after Edison was born 



Getting cleaned up and checked out 



Another family photo, only a couple hours old



A bundle of joy!



The proud Papa 


Here is a video Jonathan took in the morning of July 18th so Edison was not even a full day old yet.








He was fed from the dropper for the first few days 





These two had no problems sleeping... I didn't find it as easy 






After spending three days in the hospital, we were excited to get the go ahead to go home. We got Edison into his little going-home outfit, and took a few pictures before we headed out on our own.

In his going home outfit... now when I look at this sleeper, I can't even believe he fit in it 



 
So tiny!





I can't believe it was a year ago today that Jonathan and I embarked on one of life's greatest adventures and we've been loving every minute of it. Edison has brought immeasurable joy to our lives and we look forward to continue to be amazed by him. What an awesome gift from God!

No comments:

Post a Comment